IBIZA 2014 ROUNDUP
With our first project event at the Ibiza Rendezvous Regatta concluded last week, and recognised by all as a resounding success, our first two student sailors have now returned home to South Africa.
A big thanks to the Ibiza Rendezvous team and to all of those who supported and sponsored this first great event.
Planning is on-going to identify and plan our next event and select our lucky student candidates. We look forward to receiving your
Our warm and sincere thanks to:
- Spike Thompson and the organizers -Amanda, Melanie, and Alex – of the Ibiza Rendezvous for sponsoring our entry fee for the regatta.
- Debbie Owen and the Lawhill Maritime Centre team in South Africa for the ‘home-side’ arrangements.
- Members of the General Botha Old Boys Bursary Fund for providing important items and travel necessities for the boys prior to their departure.
- Trev Simpson for driving the boys to their preparatory Passport and Visa appointments in Cape Town, and for ferrying them to and from the airport for their trip.
- David Just for keeping the Twitter-sphere alive from South Africa with Tweets during the event.
- Accommodation Palma for assisting with shore-side accommodation during the Regatta.
- Ticket Travel Agency of Portals Nous in Mallorca for travel assistance and for providing Travel Insurance for the boys.
- Annette Forsythe for providing Spending Money for Bradley and Ronaldo during the event.
- Alan Muir from Mallorca Clothing Company for our great event Polo Shirts and embroidery.
- Colin Squire of Yachting Matters for attending from the UK and covering the event, for great and humorous company, and fantastic photos and a story for the magazine in the pipeline.
- Antonio Cruz Puerto for his energetic arrangements as fore-deck boss, and for all of his other tireless organizational assistance.
- Imprenta Nueva Balear for our great Marine Inspirations calling cards.
- Anne Wade for keeping a hungry crew very well fed and watered.
- Marina Ibiza and Ibiza Local Government for hosting a great event.
- Terry Clark for building and managing our website and for his great assistance during the event both aboard and ashore.
- Bill Symmonds for making the special effort to fly out from South Africa to support our event and for his fine company in Ibiza.
- and to all of the organizers, yacht-crews and owners, and other supporters, for providing a most wonderful experience for Bradley and Ronaldo – made possible by the warm support and generosity of these friends of Marine Inspirations.